Friday, May 18, 2018

Gmail Changing the Default Phone Setting from Archive to Delete

Gmail Phone Settings Setting your phone up to delete rather than archive email.  
As we move closer to the date of our change from Outlook to Gmail, I want to continue to pass along helpful tips to make your transition as smooth as possible.  When working with Gmail on your phone, if you swipe across a piece of email you will see that the default setting is to “Archive” the email - not delete it. Remember that archiving a piece of mail does not delete it, but rather moves it to the “all mail” area.  If you are like me, I don’t want to archive most of the email I get, I want to delete it. I have created a short video that demonstrates how to change the default setting from archive to delete email.
How to change the default setting of a swipe from “Archive” to “Delete”: [watch the video]
In case you missed the Gmail training, below are a list of video tutorials on how to use Gmail on your laptop/desktop/chromebook.
Videos

If you have any additional questions or have any issues after May 21st, please feel free to contact me.
For more helpful information and the archive of previous Check This Out! Digests, go to http://www.greenlocalschools.org/technology.aspx

bulldogstrong.jpg

Green Local Schools

Tech Integration Team